If you have an idea, here are some question you should ask yourself before getting too excited about it:
- How difficult will it be to launch a worthwhile version 1.0?
- Is it clear why people should use it? (i.e. what’s broken)
- How much value can you ultimately deliver? (i.e. how deep could it go)
- How many people may ultimately use it? (i.e. how wide could it go)
- How will people learn about your product?
- How hard will it be to extract the money?
- Do you really want it to exist in the world? (i.e. is it personally compelling)
I think the last question here is perhaps the most important of all.