One of the best new blogs that I’ve started reading this year is Science of Sport by Jonathan Dugas and Ross Tucker from South Africa.
Over the last few weeks they have published an excellent “Top 8 of 08” series, covering their top sports science related stories from the year:
- #8: The experiment that never happened… dangerous pollution in Beijing
- #7: The margins between victory and defeat
- #6: Sammy Wanjiru in Beijing – too hot to handle
- #5: The battle against doping shifts gears
- #4: Usain Bolt steals the Olympic Games
- #3: The Speedo LZR Racer creates a splash
- #2: Oscar Pistorius, the CAS and the evidence that begs to be challenged
- #1: The limits to human performance
The pic above comes from #7, and shows the final lunge for the wall in the men’s 100m butterfly at the Olympics.
The winner of this race, incredibly, was Michael Phelps, who is on the left.